Called To Serve

Okay, I have done one blog post for all of march! And its the last day of march!! This I guess will be the second blog post I do for this month, and then I'll catch up on everything in April. Life has been so crazy! So I've been too busy to write anything for my blog lately. Not too many people actually read this blog, its more just a personal thing I do to write out my thoughts, share videos, write poetry and rant about life and things that I wouldn't share on facebook or anything like that. In a way this blog is like an online journal, and honestly having a blog is very therapeutic and is a great way to get your thoughts out there, no matter if people read it or not.
So now that little rant is over! Lets talk about something really amazing and big that just happened in my life!!

In my last blog post I said that I was turning in my mission papers! And I did! I sent them in like 3 weeks ago and guess what!!!! I got my mission call on Friday the 28th of  March!!! Which is exactly 2 months away from when I turn 19!!! AHHH!!!! So my dad called me and said that there was an envelope at their house that said "Sister Arianna Belle Kepas Brown" and I started freaking out!!!! My parents live in North Carolina and I live in Virginia, so I had to drive almost 3 hours to get there, but first I had to feed the sister missionaries dinner since I signed up to do that a month prior. That night we were supposed to have a movie night at my house, but I had to call and tell everyone that its not happening because I am driving to NC to open my mission call and that if anyone wanted to make the road trip with me they were more than welcome to come... sadly all my friends suck and only my roommate Taylor came with me. I am so thankful that Taylor came with me, It meant the world for me that she was there to share in this really important moment of my life. So Taylor and I cooked dinner for the sisters and then got all our stuff packed to spend the night in NC, and then we left!!! The weather was awful and foggy and rainy, luckily we got there in one piece to find that my mom had tons of food and a small party awaiting my arrival. My mom Skyped in our closest family friends, and my dad called our grandparents, while Taylor facetimed the friends of mine who didn't make the trip down with me.
And then I opened the envelope and it said.... drum roll please...
Dear Sister Brown,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Colorado Fort Collins Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the MTC on Wednsday, July 9th, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English Language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president.








AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done

i think this is cute