I Feel Stuck

I feel stuck
as if my body has been struck
by a thousand pound truck.
Numb to the world around me
I want to be present,
but I can't move
I can't get up.
My body is there
I can see it.
I watch,
my chest slowly rising and falling
timid breaths they are.
In a dream like state
I feel as if I am drowning
in a wave of sadness
emptiness
loneliness.
It crashes into me
washing everything else away
my smile, my happiness my laughter.
and turns me blue,
With self-doubt, and depression.
I want to be happy I cry
but I can't.
I feel as if no one cares about me
even though I know some do.
But they are so far away
no one is here
here with me
no one can reach me
to comfort me from the fear.
no one can catch me
when I fall, and wipe away my tears
I feel as if inside of an internal prison.
Yelling from within
but you can't hear me.
You don't know
that I need you.
And I don't know how to tell you.
I don't know,
how to admit I'm not okay.
 As I awake, 
I smile,
 even though it is fake.
So I'll tell you everything is great.
And you'll believe me
Because I've learned,
how to put on that happy face.
Fake it til you make it
they say.
I feel as if I don't even matter.
I'm just waiting for someone to appear
to be my friend 
because they actually care.
waiting to feel like I'm not giving more of myself
then receiving, because I give and I give
But what do I get in return?
But I'll get on giving,
and I'll keep on grieving 
for a hand to hold 
and a shoulder to lean on.
In time I won't feel so abandoned
In time I won't feel alone.
But until then,
I still feel stuck.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done

i think this is cute