Shadows of The past

When you are a big part of some ones life
the traces of you can never be erased.
They are forever en grained in your memories,
At night the past flashes back just like a film
scenes of the love we both felt for each other.
But the closeness we had has vanished
We had a deadline that we both knew, 
and like that maroon 5 song Daylight
those annoying lyrics were true.
It hasn't been all that long, but the warmth of our love is gone
and now the their are shadows of the past we shared.
Sometimes I don't want to remember, 
because I don't want to miss you
but then I realize I should.
You were the reason I smiled and laughed as much as I did
You were the best friend that I needed,
You were the one person who knew everything
and loved me completely.
When I rummage through my things
the little leaves of paper that you used to write to me fall out
The funny notes you passed me, always make me laugh
forever will I remember you in math class.
The gifts you've given me are all around
and some our found within me,
I couldn't have asked for a better friend 
to help me through the trials
The shadows of the past remind me
that I loved you with all my heart
and that even though we are miles apart
Your name is written in my heart.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done

i think this is cute