Modesty

The Principle of Modesty may feel like it is a tradition of the Church or that it has evolved from conservative, puritanical behavior. In fact, modesty is fundamental to being worthy of the Spirit

When we better understand the doctrine behind the principles of modesty, we realize that modesty is the virtue that guides and moderates action. When you are well groomed and modestly dressed, you invite the companionship of the Spirit and can exercise a good influence on those around you.”3 Blessings Associated with Modesty One of the foremost blessings associated with modesty is an increased sense of confidence.

Friend May 2010 When you get dressed to go to school, church, or just be with your friends, look over this checklist to make sure your appearance reflects what you believe. Ask yourself, “If I were with Jesus Christ, would I feel comfortable with what i am wearing?

Modesty is an attitude of humility and decency in dress, grooming, language, and behavior. Maintain high standards of modesty for all occasions.


where I live, has a very hot climate, which makes it a little hard for people to dress modestly. But I feel something special when I dress in a way that invites the Spirit to be with me. I know that the body is a temple of God and that it should be treated with respect.

“Prophets of God have always counseled His children to dress modestly. The way you dress is a reflection of what you are on the inside. Your dress and grooming send messages about you to others and influence the way you and others act. When you are well groomed and modestly dressed, you invite the companionship of the Spirit and can exercise a good influence on those around you. …




Your Dress Is a Reflection of Who You Are
“Immodest clothing includes short shorts and skirts, tight clothing, shirts that do not cover the stomach, and other revealing attire. Young women should wear clothing that covers the shoulder and avoid clothing that is low-cut in the front or the back or revealing in any other manner. Young men should also maintain modesty in their appearance. All should avoid extremes in clothing, appearance, and hairstyle. Always be neat and clean and avoid being sloppy or inappropriately casual in dress, grooming, and manners. Ask yourself, ‘Would I feel comfortable with my appearance if I were in the Lord’s presence?’

Beauty Within

I did not understand the concept of modesty before I was a member of the Church. Within a few months of my baptism, I learned that a piece of clothing would not make me more beautiful—rather, beauty comes from within. I am striving to serve the Lord in the way He asks us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done

i think this is cute